A unique learning experience for schools
Why bring a school group to ShelterBox?
- A visit to ShelterBox develops understanding of basic concepts of home, shelter and need, as well as more thoughtful awareness of how the charity is part of a global community offering help and hope in times of natural disaster and population displacement.
- Pupils find a visit to ShelterBox a very interactive, memorable and positive experience. We ask them to empathise with people caught up in a natural disaster and to imagine what life might be like in the first days and weeks. They take away a strong message of how the actions of volunteers and fundraisers from their own communities make a huge difference to families in desperate need.
- We offer a high quality, stimulating learning environment and a chance to meet members of the ShelterBox team.
- School visits are free. We believe there is more value in inspiring young visitors to get involved in their community – so we ask visiting school groups to make a commitment to fundraising for ShelterBox.
- We suggest you allow about 1 hour 30 minutes for your visit. Coach drop off/collection is possible outside ShelterBox on Charles Street. Coaches can park at Truro coach park and minibuses in Moorfield car park.
Download a booking form below and return to [email protected]